zoom/rotate about mouse cursor not working (2005)

For some reason, I can't get my sw 2005 to zoom into the cursor position, it will only zoom into center of the screen... I have changed the option View..Modify..Zoom about center, both checked and unchecked.. I can't find any other place to set this option.. Help please.. thanks!