3DConnexion Messed up mouse zoom

I got a spaceball/cadman thingy from my VAR to "test out". It was neat I guess, but not worth the $$.

Sooooo I unplugged it and uninstalled the drivers. But now when I zoom in or out using my mouse-wheel, the screen doesn't autocenter to the cursor. I have to ctrl-click to drag the feature I'm working with back onto my screen after a zoom.

How do I get it back to the way it was before?

My VAR is useless, so I figured I'd ask you guys.

Thanks for any help

Reply to
ick

I never had that problem with mine. However, you can try reloading the mouse drivers. If you are on XP did you consider doing a restore on the OS to before you installed the Spaceball.

What make and model mouse are you using?

And BTW, to get the screen to auto center click > I got a spaceball/cadman thingy from my VAR to "test out". It was neat

Reply to
TOP

Not sure, but try this: View>Modify>Zoom About Screen Center Check or uncheck as needed.

Hope this helps

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Well I wasn't smart enough to set a restore point before I installed the spaceball (of course) and the mouse is just a generic USB POS.

I tried clicking on a part in an assembly and zooming; it did not zoom on the centroid.

I tried messing with the "view>modify>zoom about screen center" and it behaves the same way whether it's checked or unchecked.

It seems as though I'm stuck in the "zoom about screen center" mode and can't get out of it.

HOWEVER, If I undock my laptop (HP nw8000) and run solidworks without the extra monitor and keyboard, the problem goes away. i.e. I installed the spaceball when I was hooked up to my docking station.

This tells me there is probably something messed up in the registry... docked and undocked are different harware configurations. But I really don't want to go farting around it there too much.

scratching my head.

Reply to
ick

Bizarre. I know that zoom about mouse only occurs if solidworks thinks the mouse is inside the graphics space. Perhaps there is some funkiness with docked vs. undocked and an inability for the application window to properly detect the mouse location.

I doubt it would be the registry as only this "zoom about center" value should affect it. You can check the value at HKEY_Current_user/software/solidworks/solidworks version/general/zoom about screen center. It should be a reg_dword key with a hexadecimal value of 0.

H> Well I wasn't smart enough to set a restore point before I installed

Reply to
Mr. Who