newbie question ... on zoom/Pan/ etc ..

Is there a way to throw a keyboard shortcut onto the pan/zoom .. I find it a bit tedious navigating around a drawing.

thanks

Reply to
Septemous

Septemous,

Yes, you can create a keyboard short cut. Tools/Customize/KeyBoard/View/Zoom (whatever)..(apply key)

Or use the space bar or pin the orientation pop-up on and apply named views for specific areas you zoom too often.

..

Septemous wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Yes. Have a document open, then go to Tools/Customize/Keyboard/View/Zoom to Selection and assign W for "window in." As for the pan, drag yourself around with the middle mouse button. If you have a scroll wheel, you can also zoom in & out with that, but it really doesn't work very well - at least I haven't found the secret.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

You don't like using the mouse wheel without needing the keyboard at all? It take care of zooming and panning in drawings just by clicking and moving the mouse to pan or rolling rolling the wheel to zoom at cursor position. If you have a mouse without a wheel, you need to get one ASAP.

Dave H

Septemous wrote:

Reply to
Dave H

Z for Zoom out Shift + Z for Zoom in Arrows to rotate Shift + arrows to rotate 90 deg increments ctrl + arrows to pan f to fit

Reply to
What-a-Tool