How do I edit design library features?

I would like to put a design library feature in a sheet metal part, but want to be able to edit, for example, the height or overall size. The "Edit feature" shortcut is not available, nor is editing the sketch a help. Any ideas? Thanks

Reply to
Marcus

Hi Marcus

to edit the dimensions off your library feature doubleclick on the libraryfeature in the feature-tree. I don't know a other way :-(

Reply to
Steffen-t

I should have been clearer but it takes so long for postings to appear

- I am specifically looking at the "forming tools". Once placed on sheet metal, they are un editable. Is there a better quicker way than opening the feature, editing and saving as in the same location, THEN inserting?

Reply to
Marcus

Edit the library feature and un-check Link.

Now the library feature is editable like in prior versions of Solidworks.

Roland

Reply to
Roland

I assume you are using Google to read the news group. If so, and assuming you don't have any more local access to news groups, you might want to try news.individual.NET. It's much faster.

Jerry Steiger

Google groups 2 is reportedly much faster as well:

Dale Dunn