2004 suppressed features?

This may be sheet metal related only, but is anyone lese seeing randomly suppressed features on drawing view creation? Sometimes it may be a hole or extrude-cut and other times it may be a flatten bend on a flat layout view of a sheet metal part. We have two CAD technicians here on two seats of Solidworks 2004 and we are both see this.

Reply to
Not Necessarily Me

This has been happening to me on many parts, not just sheetmetal. I haven't been able to consistantly reproduce the problem.

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

We have had this problem, too. I've found that if you create the part as a non-sheet metal part then convert it to sheet metal. It seems that any feature added after the "process bends" feature will be suppressed in the flat pattern. I've not seen any consistency, either. I've mentioned it to my VAR tech support and I haven't gotten a real answer. You can switch configurations and unsuppress the features. That's what I've been doing. It's scary because you might miss a feature that is suppressed and it won't show up on the part.

MD Phillips

Reply to
MD Phillips

Actually, this isn't the same thing. In a sheet metal part, you can create it as you mentioned. However, to add features that will show up in the flat pattern, you need to "unfold" the bends that are affecting the particular feature, do your stuff, and then fold it back up. Go to SW help/sheet metal parts/Design a Sheet Metal Part from a Solid - it tells how to do it.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Yeah, we hate it when we get files from vendors who do exactly what you are talking about. Use the UNFOLD button not the FLATTEN button then add the features that you should have placed originally. I've spent hours trying to move features above the "process bends" and then fixing dangling sketches. Please design a sheet metal part as a sheet metal part from the get go. Your fabrication vendors will love you for it...

Reply to
Not Necessarily Me