Sheetmetal view modes

Hi there, I have a sheetmetal part which is bent. Is there a way to have bent and unbent form of the part (Like various modes of exploded view using View Manager) so that I can detail the different forms in different sheets or in the same sheet of drawing? Thanks Shankar.

Reply to
Shankar Venkateswaran

Yes, it's possible. I've done this by creating a family table composed of the same part in two different 'states', one fully formed, the other with a flatten form feature used for detailing. That flatten form feature is added to the family table as a parameter. In one instance, it is included. The feature is suppressed and added to the family table as a new instance, only with the flatten form identified as 'N' for no, not included. With the flatten form feature suppressed, you are back to the fully formed part. Further unbend features could be created and included/suppressed to show the part in a variety of different states. For detailing, each is added to the drawing as a separate model and when 'set', can be used for creating views. I'm sure someone has also done this with simplified reps.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

As usual , David is correct. Once you have created the sheetmetal form you want, create an 'unbend' or 'flat pattern' feature and add it to a family table for the part. Call the instance "Part number"_Flat and then suppress the feature it in the generic of that part but show it in the "flat" instance.

Reply to
John Wade

Thanks David and John Shankar.

Reply to