Moving a drawing view from one sheet to another non-related one

I have two drawings. One is a sheet metal flat pattern and the other is an assembly with the formed sheet metal as one of the parts. I would like to move the dimensioned flat pattern to one of the sheets in the assembly. Is this possible, or do I have to recreate the views?

Thanks in advance.

Bruce B.

Reply to
Bruce Bretschneider

Click the view...... Try ctrl x and then ctrl v on the other sheet.

cheers Kav

Reply to
Kav

You can copy/paste the drawing view from one sheet to the other sheet or file or drag the view in the property manager from the active sheet to an inactive sheet as long as the sheets are in the same file

I think you are asking to move a view from one drawing document to another. Wish it was possible.

Sheet to sheet move is done with drag and drop in the feature tree.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

There was a suggestion about using ctrl-x when the item was highlighted in the feature tree to select the view in one drawing document and then using ctrl-v to paste it in the other. I tried this, except that I used ctrl-c to copy and, lo and behold, it worked!! I was surprised because I thought I had tried this and it wouldn't work. Anyway, the job is done and it's all thanks to suggestions made in this newsgroup.

Bruce B.

Reply to
Bruce Bretschneider

Yes, It's always worked this way - I use this regularly to quickly reformat drawing packages. I think it seems like it doesn't work sometimes because you WILL get an error message if you don't click in the drawing window of the destination drawing. It helps to eyeball dead center as best as you can because the views will paste in relation to the sheets center point. I used to think it didn't work because I was trying to paste into the sheet heirarchy of the feature manager.

Zander

Reply to
Zander

'been there as far I can recall ('97). The cut (ctrl-x) is necessary only with views with relatives (cuts). Just "undo" after ctrl-x to keep the views.

Reply to
Jean Marc