Dimension in a Detail View

Ok...

So you know how if you have a "partial" view and "show" a dimension that goes outside the boundary, that it will have a dim that references the edge and at the other end it has a double arrow?

Following me?

I have a detail view that I want to do the same thing with a dimension, problem is it shows both leader lines, with the other end hanging out in space. Can I force it to be a "double arrow" type? What would you do?

Let me gues, I didn't buy the "basic_functionallity_drawing_module_that_costs_extra" module.

Reply to
Aggrevated

In your drawing options file, check if these are set as follows: clip_dimensions YES

clip_dim_arrow_style DOUBLE_ARROW

If it's going to work at all, this will do it.

Reply to
Janes

Dimension Properties, Witnessline display.

Is that REALLY necessary?

Reply to
gluteous maximus equus

Yeah, that's all set.

I think it has to do with being a detail view and not a "partial" view. You would think that it would act the same in both places, but no. It works just fine on a different view on that sheet that is done as a "partial".

I think I'll just have to make a general view with the "partial" set and fake the detail callout and title by drawing manually.

irritating

Reply to
Aggrevated

Yeah, it is. Quite cathartic actually. :) Must result to sarcasm and verbal abuse before I through my computer out the window.

Reply to
Aggrevated

;^) Whatever it takes.

Don't think it should matter. Maybe a buggy file?

I just created a simple part base view and detail, then ... . Showed the dim in base view. Moved it to detail view. . Erased dim in base view and Showed in detail. . Created an associative dim between detail and base view. In all three cases the dim was clipped.

If you can't Erase the Witnessline (Properties), something is probably out of whack? What version Pro/E you using?

Reply to
gluteous maximus equus

AH HA!!! That was exactly what I was looking for! I think you tried to tell me this before but I didn't understand. Funny, I never even noticed that set of options in the properties box.

(WF3.0)

Thanks much!

Reply to
Aggrevated

AH HA!!! That was exactly what I was looking for! I think you tried to tell me this before but I didn't understand. Funny, I never even noticed that set of options in the properties box.

(WF3.0)

Thanks much!

_________________ Okay, I'll bite. What happens when you erase the witness line? The = double arrow shows up?

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

Uh huh. When the Witness / Extension line is Erased the the Dimension Line is free (can be dragged) and terminated per the clip_dim_arrow_style setting.

(You can also select the dim, hold the mouse ptr over the Witness line [a different ptr symbol appears], RMB, Erase. It can be done with any linear dimension. Erasing one, then the other, causes the first one to reappear.)

Reply to
gluteous maximus equus