Dimension diameter in detail view

The title says it all. I'm looking to add a diameter or radius dimension to my detail view. The center line of my part is not in the view. How do you add this type of dimension? Will it add a broken line? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Reply to
Gifty74

That70sTick

I'm not clear on what you are asking. Are you trying to dimension the boundary of your detail view? Otherwise, you should be able to dimension any geometry visible within the detail view, including radii and diameters. If you put a radius or diameter inside a curve, the dimension will go to the center of the curve even if the center is outside the detail view. You might want to consider moving such dimensions to the outside of the curve to avoid this, if its undesirable.

Reply to
John Eric Voltin