Foreshortened diameter dimension - how?

I have a section view of a large diameter part. To get the section view full size for clarity and on a smaller sheet, the section view
extends only to just beyond the centreline. This is adequate to show the profile as showing the other mirrored half is unecessary.
I can dimension the profile from the centreline as radius dimensions but I really want to show them as diameter dims. Of course, if I try that the dimension line goes right off the page to a point where the other side of the diameter would be. How do I show the other end as foreshortened i.e. stopping short of going of the sheet and with two arrows?
Can this be done?
Thanks in advance of any assistance.
Flynt
Right click on the dimension, select Properties, the foreshortened option is towards the top of the window that opens up.
Hope this helps
Flynt wrote:

Hi,
I have looked and looked but not as far as I can see. Maybe the view I am trying to dimension doesn't prompt that option. I can't even see anything greyed out.
Flynt
Hmm, I'm using 2006sp5 and I can do it with either revolved or extruded features; the check box is about the middle of the Dimension Properties dialog box.
I didn't find anything in Tools>Options... Maybe the view is lightweight <is that even possible on 2006?> or not updated... <shrug>
Flynt wrote:

This has been a constant pain for me since I switched from Pro/E to SW about 5 years ago. The only way to spoof a foreshortened diameter dim is to hide the dimension and extension lines on the side you don't want. You can do this by selecting the extension line, right-click and select "Hide Extension Line". Do the same with the dimension line. You can also access this through the "Dimension Properties > Display" then check & uncheck the Display First / Display Second boxes as required.
The foreshortened dims do work, but only for inserted model dims, not for dims created on the drawing.
Martin

I had a problem with foreshortened dimensions also. It seems they will only work with Extruded features. If you modeled your part with a Revolve then it won't work. A little undocumented SW info.
Jeff

It does work with revolved features.
Martin