SW changing linked DT's filenames

I am having a problem with the latest 2007 SP4.0 release. When saving linked design tables Solidworks instead of updating and saving the linked table, saves a new file in the directory under a new name and does not update the linked table itself causing problems downstream.

Clarification example:

Before save I have, Directory/Linked-DT.xls After save I have, Directory/Linked-DT.xls (original file that is left unchanged, any changes to the model made to DT are lost) Directory/Linked-DT__new.xls (new file created by solidworks)

Any leads?

Thanks, Pavel.

Reply to
Pepeliaev