Global Disable "Display as chain dimension." for ordinate dimensions

My ordinate dimensions always appear with arrows and I have to right click the dimension, select properties, and uncheck "Display as chain dimension.". If I go into the document properties->dimensions there is no setting there to enable this by default.

Curiously, if I autodimension a view with ordinate dimensions, they automatically appear without arrows.

Can anyone help?

Reply to
Larry767

Hello Larry,

The arrows show up when you use the ISO standard in your drawing options. If you usi ANSI you will not see the arrows.

Elmo

Reply to
Elmo

Oh, OK, Thanks. That would explain why a drawing I made using someone else's ANSI based template didn't put the arrows on my chain dimensions ... I was really starting to pull my hair out.

Larry

Reply to
Larry767