Settings turning off by themselves

Since I started using SW2006, I have noticed several system options, as well as document properties, that randomly turn themselves off (uncheck itself) for no apparent reason.

The system settings that I notice doing this most often are: System Options>Display/Selection>Dynamic highlight from graphics view System Options>FeatureManager>Dynamic highlight

The document setting that I notice is one of the display filters under Annotation Display. I like to display shaded cosmetic threads, but leave the regular cosmetic threads unchecked. The only way you can get it to do this is to right click on the Annotations folder>Details. If you go through Tools>Options>Annotation Display, it will not let you do this. Why I don't know.... Anyway, in past releases, there were random problems with shaded cosmetic threads not displaying without a ctrl-q or editing the thread or something. But the setting for it would at least always stay checked. Now, it will uncheck itself for no reason.

Anyone else see anything like these?

Reply to
Seth Renigar

I have seen the highlight settings turn off but have never been able or repeat at will or even see any kind of pattern at all.

WT

"Seth Renigar" wrote in message news:TLXPf.59944$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.southeast.rr.com...

***
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I've seen some of that as well, but no pattern that I can see. Just yesterday I started a new part from our part template and somewhere along the way the Units precision went to 8 places I also have assemblies that disappear when Resolving individual parts, sometimes...

Seems like SW is getting flakier every year :o/

Reply to
hayduke

I've noticed the highlight getting toggled off. When I asked my VAR he said there is a known problem with this getting toggled off when importing files.

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

***

I've seen this problem too when importing iges files. It is a known problem according to my VAR. I've seen this happen on all versions back to SW2001.

j wrote:

***

Reply to
rjahrsdoerfer

I've also seen the 'Enable selection through transparency' toggle on/off.

Reply to
rmontminy

After my first post, that very same thing happened to me as well. So there is another one...

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Did you just import something?

WT

"Seth Renigar" wrote in message news:Rz%Pf.59966$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.southeast.rr.com...

***
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I did at some point today. But I can't be sure if it was before or after this option toggled off. More than likely, importing was the culprit. Just can't verify it.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Another I've seen is the confirmation corner getting disabled.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

For me it's always; "Maximize document on open" (going from not checked to a check) and "Allow selection in wireframe & HLV modes" (going from checked to not checked).........................

Reply to
Rory

YES!

This has been driving me insane - having to repeatedly change dynamic highlight, and edge selection.

I informed my VAR about a month ago and they didn't know anything about it, and tried to explain it as being a conflict between floating licences of Solidworks / office that we have here....which on closer inspection it clearly wasn't.

Glad to hear that it could be a known bug.

Reply to
google