Re-attach dimensions

If drawing dimensions become unattached (turn a greeny-yellow colour) because of a change to model geometry, is it possible to re-attach them? I don't seem to be able to get at the end points of the extension lines to drag them onto the new geometry.

It's a real pain to have to recreate loads of them.

TIA John Harland SW2004sp5

Reply to
John H

those are known as olive 'dangling dimensions'. no way to re-attach them and best to reimport them

Reply to
Navy Diver

Thanks....what a pain. I can feel an enhancement request coming on.

It seems like dangling drawing dimensions are more likely to occur in SW than in some other packages, because the dimensions appear to be linked to edges rather than faces - the latter being more "durable" when changing the topology of a part.

Regards, John Harland

Reply to
John H

"j" wrote

There's more than one scenario.....typical examples are:-

1) Dimensions added manually in the drawing 2) Dimensions left dangling after making a new drawing by copying an existing one and changing the file ref of the part being detailed.

John Harland

Reply to
John H

Reply to
Andy Rodgers

Regarding the 'olive' colored dangling dimensions...isn't that color a poor choice? I find that it doesn't always stand out. So...I went to Tools\Options\Colors and changed the 'Dimensions, Dangling' color to red. Much easier to distinguish were error are.

Ken

Reply to
Tin Man

Ditto! Several years ago...