WF3 purple dims

I have a plate with holes, slots, etc. In wf3 I showed the dims and out of about 50 dims 8 were purple - just the number. The arrows and witness lines were the usual yellow. I would assume this is a wf3 trait. I've been on Proe for 6 yrs and never saw dims like that.

Reply to
Robert

Hey Robert,

From my experience with Wildfire 1.0 and 2.0, the purple dimensions meant that something in the geometry changed and for whatever reason (I never figured it out) the dimension lines were never associated with the features on the drawing. In the past, update dimensions has worked to change them back sometimes, but for most of the time I just redrew the dimensions. You probably already know this.

That is odd though. I'll have to do more stuff with our WF 3.0 license. Glad to see problems are getting fixed in sequential Wildfire realeases.... :/

-Adam Joseph Cook, Mechanical Engineer

Reply to
Adam Joseph Cook

Reply to
Robert

Reply to
Robert

I don't have a clue really, but thought I'd goat head and ask ... Have you, by any chance, changed the number of decimals displayed or anything else? I've noticed a few times shown model dim text changing color to green, I think, after reducing the number of displayed decimal places. Since yours are the same color as a dim that's lost it's references I sorta wonder if it's not telling you the model needs to be regen'd? (Dunno, just guessing. I keep meanin' to look for some sort of reference that'll tell me what color changes are supposed to mean ...) Any messages generated if you update the view?

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Hey Robert,

Well I really cannot find anything substantial in the PTC support doc database about these purple dimensions. Really the magenta color is supposed to be reserved for manufacturing volume when it comes to dimensioning. But to have the dimension one color and the witness lines another color is strange indeed. No trouble report as been filed with PTC on this issue from where I can see so maybe it is a new feature (they don't explicitly say so or what it means).

Sorry I couldn't help more. Just getting started with WF 3.0 over here.