Can you reattach broken dimension lines and leader lines?

I did the inevitable. I updated a drawing and changed a surface reference value in the process. This caused a handfull of dimension lines in the 2D drawing to become broken (gold colored / disconnected).

Rather than delete half-a-dozen dimensions and recreating them (forgetting what I deleted in the process). Can I not just reconnect them somehow? It feels like you could be able to drag the tip back to the target surface.

Reply to
ngrizzard

I have found that some of the time the dims can be reattached. I haven't figured out what the criteria are as to when they will and when they will not, but just try it. If it works, great, if not, oh well. Sorry for not having a better answer.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

You can usually reattach drawing dimensions, but never (I think) model dimensions. It kills me that model dimensions can lose their associativity, but they can....

John H

Reply to
John H

Isn't it the other way around? I think it is my drawing dimensions that I can't reattach and my model dimensions that I can.

I thought I heard at SWW that this was going to be fixed in 07. Was I dreaming?

Jerry Steiger

Reply to
FrizbeeRulez