Break Dimension Lines

I have my drawing template document options set to break dimension lines with a .06" gap and I have the option to only break around arrow heads cleared but I still have to select the break dimension option in the property manager for each dimension.

It is fairly easy to window select all the dimensions and set that option in the property page but I do not even want to do that, I would like to set the option in the document properties and then all dimensions break as required automatically.

Is there not a way to set dimensions to break automatically by default?

Thanks,

Sam

Reply to
Sam

not possible.

i don't use this option much. however i just tried a few tests and have noticed the following;

- break lines option cannot be applied to a dimension which does not cross/intersect another dimension

- break lines option cannot be saved with a dimension favorite (see previous)

submit an enhancement request.

Reply to
kenneth

Breaklines in SolidWorks are still not really fuctional to the level required by ASME drawing standards. How they break is almost random. In complex situations, it is chaotic. The also don't allow breaks around anything except arrows, some extension lines and dimension lines. So you can't break around text, annotation leader notes or lines, other objects or anything else. SolidWorks needs to add much more functionality in this area.

Matt Lorono

fcsuper

For the record, ASME Y14.5 only requires extension lines to be broken if they cross an arrowhead.

Reply to
Eddie

What about when an extention line of a dimension passes exactly over an object line? That would require breaking the extention line don't you think?

Also, I know that ASME Y14.5M-1994 covers GEOMETRIC DIMENSIONING & TOLERANCING, but I dont think it covers the intricacies of when break a dimension's extention lines; but I could be mistaken.

Reply to
spacebuffalo