SW 2004 break lines

Hey All,
I recently updated to sp4.0 for SW 2004 and I noticed that the break
lines are
not shown on my prints although they are clearly visible on my
computer screen. Has anyone else experienced this problem.
Thanks for your suggestions!
Stephen
Reply to
Stephen Cramer
There is a new option in the document properties to set the break line visibility. Problem is, it is set to off as default.
Reply to
Arlin
had the same problem, don't know how to fix it. Some cussing was involved yesterday; we ended up sketching in some dummy lines and moving on to useful work.
(gotta love those service packs--it used to work)
Reply to
Michael
in case you didn't see arlin's post ... tools, options, system options, drawings, print breaklines in broken view
Reply to
kenneth b
I saw Arlin's post... my problem with this is that changing the functionality of the software in a SP rather that a new rev is a giant PITA. We spent about a man hour trying to resolve an issue that arose because SP4 works differently than SP3--either one is fine, but switching mid-stream isn't my idea of a good software release policy.
Reply to
Michael
As a suggestion, after the next SP you install, you can read the 'SolidWorks Release Notes'. There it tells you of all the minor changes, for example in SP1, SolidWorks introduced the Pro/E translator.
Mike Wilson
Reply to
Mike J. Wilson
No kidding. Read the release notes--which I did. The trick comes in remembering some obscure point a couple weeks later when it generates a problem.
My point is that a) I wish they wouldn't introduce new functionality in SP's at all b) If they feel compelled to include new functionality, at least set it up so that the default matches the way it used to work. For instance, in this case, the problem is that they set the default to OFF--so that a drawing that printed just fine in SP3 doesn't work in SP4
Reply to
Michael
Apparently, in sp4.1 (now available) this issue is fixed and the default now prints the lines
Reply to
Todd Brake