SW web site - download loop?

Am I the only one having trouble getting into the subscription area.

I have a 'paid up' maintanance in place but seem to be in a loop on the SW site when trying to get SP2.1

Perhaps this is actually for my own good ! ;-)

I have reset my IE to a lower security as requested by SW but still no luck.

Is anyonne else experiancing this - 9.45 am GMT Monday

Reply to
jjs

they might be fixing the download area?

Won't give details, but it is possible to download a SP without giving a serial number.

--nick e.

Reply to
Nick E.

i've had the same problem, but about at 11 o'clock gmt+1 i was finally able to download sp 2.1.

btw, it seems they've a shaper on european downloads: i wasn't able to download upgrades at more than 80kb/sec each. i mean: one file, 80kbyte/sec. two files, 80kb/sec each. three files,

80kb/each again... it is no bandwidth problem...

cheers

Reply to
Gianni Rondinini

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 14:46:49 +0100, Gianni Rondinini

Thanks Gianni

Still no luck here. I have noticed that sw2004 sp2.1 is now at the top of the list above the installion bulletin when ealier it was below.

But I cannot even get into the model library ( although I don't think it has been updated for a few months).

Some of my Internet Explorer 6 setting must be damaged as the SW site does not seem to remeber my login serial number like it did in the past.

Jonathan Stedman

wrote:

Reply to
jjs

really?

hmm. that's definately a SW issue then, as the same thing occasionally happens to me. Using MozillaFirebird.

--nick e.

Reply to
Nick E.

Perhaps they are busy upgrading their website's download section with a WI-style service pack.

Reply to
TheTick

funny, but no. :)

the download site runs a realOS: Solaris. And apache, btw.

Reply to
Nick E.

I have tried the site with Kameleon Browser and still get the same loop -

I have sent SW and email and they have relpied that they are looking into it. I await their investigations.

Has anyone actually been able to download sp2.1 today?

I get the following loop - the links are in the order I get sent through the site.

and then loops over and over

Regards

Jonathan

Reply to
jjs

Just tried it as a test. No problem. 07:53 AM (PST)

Dave H

Reply to
Dave H

Maybe a long shot but......

It sounds as though you have cookies turned off. I had similar problems when I tweaked IE to not accept cookies.

Malc>I get the following loop - the links are in the order I get sent

Reply to
Malcolm_Tempt

Thanks Dave - the problem must be at my end

Regards

Jonathan

Reply to
jjs

Thanks for everybodies help and suggestions.

I tried 'repairing' IE6 with is repair facility.

I tried setting security to 'low'

I accepted every cookie going - but no luck

So I junked IE6 and went back to IE5 and - Yes you guessed !! It worked.

I am downloading sp2.1 - but then I might not use it reading all the woes people are having.

Does it speed up the 2d drawings?

I hope so.

Regards

jonathan