SW web site - download loop?

Am I the only one having trouble getting into the subscription area.
I have a 'paid up' maintanance in place but seem to be in a loop on
the SW site when trying to get SP2.1
Perhaps this is actually for my own good ! ;-)
I have reset my IE to a lower security as requested by SW but still no
luck.
Is anyonne else experiancing this - 9.45 am GMT Monday
Reply to
jjs
they might be fixing the download area?
Won't give details, but it is possible to download a SP without giving a serial number.
--nick e.
Reply to
Nick E.
i've had the same problem, but about at 11 o'clock gmt+1 i was finally able to download sp 2.1.
btw, it seems they've a shaper on european downloads: i wasn't able to download upgrades at more than 80kb/sec each. i mean: one file, 80kbyte/sec. two files, 80kb/sec each. three files, 80kb/each again... it is no bandwidth problem...
cheers
Reply to
Gianni Rondinini
On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 14:46:49 +0100, Gianni Rondinini
Thanks Gianni
Still no luck here. I have noticed that sw2004 sp2.1 is now at the top of the list above the installion bulletin when ealier it was below.
But I cannot even get into the model library ( although I don't think it has been updated for a few months).
Some of my Internet Explorer 6 setting must be damaged as the SW site does not seem to remeber my login serial number like it did in the past.
Jonathan Stedman
jjs
really?
hmm. that's definately a SW issue then, as the same thing occasionally happens to me. Using MozillaFirebird.
--nick e.
Reply to
Nick E.
Perhaps they are busy upgrading their website's download section with a WI-style service pack.
Reply to
TheTick
funny, but no. :)
the download site runs a realOS: Solaris. And apache, btw.
Reply to
Nick E.
I have tried the site with Kameleon Browser and still get the same loop -
I have sent SW and email and they have relpied that they are looking into it. I await their investigations.
Has anyone actually been able to download sp2.1 today?
I get the following loop - the links are in the order I get sent through the site.
and then loops over and over
Regards
Jonathan
Reply to
jjs
Just tried it as a test. No problem. 07:53 AM (PST)
Dave H
Reply to
Dave H
Maybe a long shot but......
It sounds as though you have cookies turned off. I had similar problems when I tweaked IE to not accept cookies.
Malcontent
Reply to
Malcolm_Tempt
Thanks Dave - the problem must be at my end
Regards
Jonathan
Reply to
jjs
Thanks for everybodies help and suggestions.
I tried 'repairing' IE6 with is repair facility.
I tried setting security to 'low'
I accepted every cookie going - but no luck
So I junked IE6 and went back to IE5 and - Yes you guessed !! It worked.
I am downloading sp2.1 - but then I might not use it reading all the woes people are having.
Does it speed up the 2d drawings?
I hope so.
Regards
jonathan