Garbled Viewport in SWKS 2004 SP0

I've seen strange things displayed in SolidWorks over the years, but nothing quite like the following (in 2004, SP0):

Opening up the first assembly or part presents no graphics problem; however, when a second or subsequent files are opened, the viewport (not the entire SWKS screen) displays either badly clipped and fragmented components or is filled completely with small rectangles of multi-colored dots.

It turns out that ALL I have to do to correct the problem is to drag the right-hand vertical border of the Feature Manager a slight distance. (Afterwards, the offending file continues to display with NO problem - even with multiple tiled windows.)

For the record, the graphics card (nVidia GeForce FX 5600 Ultra)is not on the "approved" list and perhaps the hardware or drivers are at fault; however, I'm curious to see if upgrading to SP2.1 will fix the erratic behavior that could be caused by SolidWorks itself?!

Have others seen this type of viewport-specific display glitch?

Per O. Hoel

Reply to
Per O. Hoel