2004 Interface Questions

A user has asked me if there is a way to turn off the flyout menus? Also, the line weights of sketched lines appear to be heavier than they were in 2001. It now makes it difficult to differentiate between sketch lines and converted edges?

Any thoughts, what am I missing.

Guy

Reply to
Guy Edkins

Guy,

By "flyout menus" I assume you are refering to the LARGE Tooltips that are enabled by default in SolidWorks 2004. They can be shut off by using the Tools/Customize main menu to check OFF the "use large tooltips" option.

Not only do sketched lines and points display more "heavily" in 2004, but the hidden lines displayed (optionally) in shaded mode for parts/assemblies are shown on the screen with bloated pixels. Anti-aliasing just makes those hidden lines look even worse.

As far as I know there is NO way to alter the line weight. Apparently the SolidWorks programmers decided that the Etch-A-Sketch (rather cartoon-like) appearance is preferable. In my opinion it certainly isn't. I think it has the effect of making every display look as if it is supporting only a relatively low resolution...

Reply to
Per O. Hoel

Per,

Thanks for the tip! Glad to know I didn't miss anything with regards to the line weights.

I really wish SW would stop fixing what isn't broken and fix what is!

Guy

Reply to
Guy Edkins

Right click on the toolbar and uncheck "Command Manager"

Bill

Reply to
Bill