Explode Line Sketches

(I'm using SW2004 sp3)

I'm looking for any tricks or tips anyone has for running exploded lines from rectangular parts, such as sheet metal in an exploded view.

I am trying to make an exploded view drawing of a packaged product with many non-cylindrical parts.

I would like to connect the lines on the midpoint of a parts edge but SW only lets me grab points or edges, not midpoints. So I end up grabbing two edges, or points, and then I end up going back and deleting parts of the explode sketch line in order to get a straight un-jogged line between the parts.

I've used the explode sketch line function on exploded cylindrical parts before and it works fine. But its a real hassle to connect flat parts.

Any thoughts or tips?

Thanks

Reply to
scota