Edit Smart Fasteners 'settings'

I'd like to change what SW decides to use bu default when I insert Smart Fasteners. For example, where I'd use a 1/4-20 machine screw, SW is inserting 1/4-28. Is there a file I can manually edit to do this?

I'd also like to add some of my own hardware into the library... wingnuts and self tapping screws. Can I do that in the above file as well?

I appreciate the help. Thanks!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Mears

for best results use hole wizard for "all" fastener holes. as a toolbox user, i avoid smart fasteners as they don't seem to be that smart. in the assy, i typically create my own stack manually, then use a component pattern (provided the part has a pattern of holes)

from sw menu, toolbox>add my parts wizard haven't bothered to use this yet, i'm a big user of the feature palette for my own hardware

Reply to
kenneth b

Make sure you have an assy open and Toolbox on so that you have access to the Tollbox menu. Choose "Browser Configuration" and you will see a tab with options for Smart Fasteners including defaults.

JJ

Reply to
JJ