2003 to 2004 conversion Sheetmetal drawings

UM that sucks converted all our drawings to SW 2004 on monday and I have noticed that sheetmetal parts have flipped and rotated. Some only seem to have flipped. The tell tale is the notes for the bends are in the wrong place. Has anyone else experienced this? If you did how did you handle it? I don't know how we are going to deal with this. Thousands of drawings and who knows which ones are problems. FYI we did make a full backup before converting.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

I'm beginning to question the wisdom of using the conversion wizard. What are the benefits that outweigh this sort of problem? It's not like the newer version can't open the old files.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Well save times for files that have not been converted are up there, and I am a bit worried about jumping too many versions, we have thousands of files and some of them may not be opened for 6 years if they are not converted they may be lost. Yet do the benefits out weigh problems such as this. We didn't have any known problems converting 2001+ to 2003. I also am hoping to get our Hard drive defragged once all the files have been converted.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

The Beta of 04 was OK, but SP0, SP1, and SP2.0 had the edge flanges in some of my parts 'floating' from their base flanges.

Finally upgraded to SP2.1 when the edge flanges floated back down.

Reply to
rocheey

Hi Corey -

Are they "named" (DefaultSM-FLAT-PATTERN, etc) sheet metal flat views?

If they are, does the "flip view" under view directions make the file right?

Another idea - has the sheet metal definition lost it's "fixed face" somehow?

I've seen it lose its fixed face and the geometry is still intact but does strange things to the unfolding.

This sounds to me like an bug - an intolerable bug. Hopefully your var will give some help if that's a option. I think SolidWorks owes you (and all of us) a fix.

Regards,

SMA

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams

I am able to simply use the Flip View command to flip some back to normal and on one that the view was rotated I had to unrotate the view and then flip. I haven't even tried to do more than that. My VAR verified it and is submitting it to SW I don't know what they will do for me as far as all the drawings that are Fd up. Hopefully it will only affect ones created while we were using 2003 but if we have to fix them all I hope our VAR or SW will support us in it.

Does anyone know off hand if there are API calls to determine if a view has been Flipped. I may be able to save alot of time by writing a macro that will recurse the directories and Flip and rotate views, I would have to beable to recognize that it was a problem drawing first thought. Maybe it would be good for SW to create this macro for me and anyone else experiencing this problem.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

i just noticed this (not related to sheetmetal)

i just saved a '03 part to '04 and the chamfers (feature) do not have the tangent propagation box.

Reply to
kenneth b

Looks like this has been a problem since SP0.0. My VAR was quite surprised that noone had problems with this earlier. Hopefully SP4.0 will fix the issue.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich