2004 drawings questions

I'm doing my first big assembly drawing in 2004, a weldment of about 50 parts, each part has a drawing view or 2 on one of the 6 or so sheets.

Couple thing I'm missing from 2003 that may be there but I haven't found...

First- Moving drawing views, in 2003 when you moved the Parent view the child followed along with the same X-Y spacing, in 2004 the Child doesn't keep the same spacial relationship to its Parent View. This makes for a lot of extra mouse work. Anybody know if I've overlooked a setting somewhere, I did look, but found nothing.

Second- I have a "Favorite" Dimstyle that I often use, I load it when I need it, but SWX always reverts back to when I press escape. This was a problem in 2003, I just never got around to asking.

Any help appreciated

Thanks Whit

Reply to
Whit

Hold the SHIFT key and they will move together.

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I should remember to that for just about any problem.

Thanks!

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
Whit

Also, you can hold down alt to drag the view from any empty space in the view, not just the border.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Oh, the other thing- SELECT is not a right click option on a lot of commands anymore, say when inserting a drawing view or placing a balloon. And it seems other Right-Click commands are now burried one level deeper. Are these right-click popups customize-able?

Thanks

Whit wrote:

Reply to
Whit

When did that one sneak in???? I think we saw it at SWW for 2005, but I didn't know it was now available.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Thanks, that helps, I'd noticed the views were easier to get ahold of, but were taking twice as long to move. :o/

Ballo> Also, you can hold down alt to drag the view from any empty space in the

Reply to
Whit

That one's always been in 04. I don't remember how I became aware of it, but I do remember seeing it in the documentation somewhere after I already knew about it. I probably read about it here, or maybe in the SW forum.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

To some extent (you can turn on/off the ones SW decided the user needed, you cannot add to the list). Next time you RMB, look at the bottom-most item on the menu.

Ken

Reply to
TinMan

I have also noticed problems selecting when using balloons.

Sometimes I like to select items that are hidden detail with the balloon, so i select the balloon option then right click over the hidden detail and select other with RMB, now i cannot? why is this?

Regards

Graeme

Reply to
Rob

I've noticed this as well. You could do this in SW2003 I know, and I think in earlier SP's of SW2004. But now it is gone. Time to call the VAR.

Reply to
Seth Renigar