2004 PDMWorks with 2003

Has anybody tried using 2004 PDMWorks with 2003 especially in conjunction with Toolbox?

SW03 works with PDMW04. How are you looking to use Toolbox?
Matt
SW2003 works with PDMWorks 2004??? My VAR told me they both need to be upgraded at the same time. Are you running 2003 SW clients with PDMWorks 2004 at this time?
Glenn

snipped-for-privacy@scitexdpi.com (Glenn Franck) wrote in

PDMWorks 2004 includes both the client and server for PDMW. You can run the PDMW2004 client with SolidWorks 2003. I've set this up a few times and it does work. I don't know if there is any implication for Toolbox parts, though.
matt
That is another issue that I haven't delved into. Obviously the 2004 toolbox wouldn't work with 2003. It would be an issue if one wanted to run both 2004 and 2003 concurrently and use Toolbox for both.
matt wrote:

Matt,
Look at my post on the forum.
matt wrote:

uh,which one, under Toolbox or PDMW?
I'm glad Joy is so active up there. She has been very helpful to me.
matt

PDMworks.
I tried PDMWorks 2004 with 2003 Toolbox and don't see any ill effects. Do you have any plans to try this out yourself?
The next step is to see if I can use PDMWorks 2003 in a mixed 2003/2004 environment. Will it recognize the correct Toolbox depending on which SW is invoked? Stay tuned.
matt wrote:

geez. My first reaction is that you're pushing your luck with using sw03 and sw04 with pdmw04. If you check in all the 03 parts, and don't create any new 04 TB parts, it could work. It could also work if you don't put any TB parts in the vault. Then you'd just have to keep the two versions of SW from tripping over one another.
good luck
matt