Dual install 2003 and 2004

I have been holding off installing 2004 until a few of my clients make the move. I will still need to keep my existing install of 2003 and all its settings and configurations. What aspects can I expect SolidWorks to change during the 2004 install and is there any tricks that will help separate 2003 from 2004. One of my seats is running Toolbox will this also deal with running 2003 and 2004?

Regards Simon Miller

Simon Miller

We don't use Toolbox, so I can't vouch for that. however, as far as installing both, I've done it several times here. The key is to make a separate install, not an upgrade, in another folder. The second installation will also pick up some of the registry settings of the first one. Don't forget to copy in your hotkeys file. :-)

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I would stay away from using Toolbox in 2004 while you still need it in

2003. We don't use it much but if you search on google for Toolbox and 2004 you will see some former posts on the issue of using it on both.
Reply to
Corey Scheich