E-Drawings 2003 2004

Just installed SW2004 and E-Drawings 2004 and it has destroyed my E-Drawings within 2003!

Any way of running both versions!

Simon

Reply to
Simon Miller

Simon,

I could never get it to work and figured that it was a shared registry key problem. What that means is that new installations look into the Windows registry and use settings that are shared with other versions of SolidWorks. When you updated to 2004 it changed these "settings" so that now your 2003 version is forced to use the 2004 settings and it simply doesnt work. This is the same reason that when you installed 2004 all your colors, options, etc. were just as they were in 2003.

IMPO, they should make each version have it's registry settings entirely separate. I don't mind setting up the new version when I install it, but I also don't like it messing around with existing versions settings. I really don't understand the logic as to why they have it this way. I don't think they ever planned that people would be running multiple versions on one machine.

Reply to
Jeff N

As I write this, my computer is running eDrawings 2003 AND 2004 opened simultaneously.

I think you will likely find that the Add-In for eDrawings2003 needs to be "reactivated" in SolidWorks 2003.

Go to the main menu's Tools/Add-Ins and make sure that eDrawings2003 is checked "on".

Multiple versions of SolidWorks installed on the same computer make use of certain shared entries in the Windows Registry. Sometimes, after the installation of a newer version (alongside another), it is necessary to manually reset some SolidWorks options.

Reply to
Per O. Hoel

I only have E-Drawing 2004 listed in the Add-Ins and this is unable to initialise

Reply to
Simon Miller