Installing 2003 & 2004

We are setting up 4 new machines and my thought was to install both 2003 &

2004 because not everyone is ready to convert, for various reasons. So, I figured the best was to install 2004 first because that would eventually be the dominant installation. Then install 2003. Ok, fine, but what I find is that since 2004 requires WI method, 2003 also does it that way. Ok, fine, but then I find that there isn't a WI version of 2003 SP 0-5.1. Did I miss something here? So, what it looks like I have to do is go from 0-3.1, and then from 3.1 to 5.1. Or, would I be better off to install 2003 traditional first, and then 2004 WI?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Wayne,

SW03 was the first version to offer WI. SW03 can be installed using either method you choose. I personally chose WI for SW03 and 04. I installed them the same as you did 04 first then 03. When you put in the first disks of SW03 it should ask you which version you want to use WI or Trad. Either one should work the same. The SP are listed at the website. One is listed as Install sheild which is Trad and the other is WI - Windows installer. Both are avaialble at the SW website.

I hope that helps,

Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott

When I put in the first 2003 CD it prompted me to instead put in the #2 CD. I found that a bit strange, but ok. Maybe something happened there.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

IIRC I got stuck in this WI-only mode for 2003 upon reinstallation once and I resolved it by exiting the installation app, going to the CD folder with Windows Exporer and double-clicking a "setup.exe" file that I found in a subdirectory there. Seems like the subdirectory was maybe \i386 . . . again IIRC. At any rate there was a subdirectory wherein the setup.exe didn't automatically dump me into WI-only mode.

Best regards, Mark 'Sporky' Staplet>

Reply to
Sporkman