Interesting interaction between SolidWorks and Volo View Express

Hi all,

I've got an interesting problem that you may have experienced. If you have, then I hope that you can provide the privilege of sharing your experiences in the resolution.

I am using Swx 2003 sp 3.1 and was wanting to get a feel for what the AutoCAD drawings that SolidWorks looked like. As I don't have easy access to a real version of AutoCAD, I downloaded the Volo View Express tool for viewing drawings. This tool worked just fine but the installation of it on my computer has left a rather interesting side effect.

Every time I start SolidWorks, Volo View wants to reinstall itself. It then pops up a window telling me that it can't find some component it needs to complete the installation and wants me to help it find the missing component.

I can cancel the operation, but it keeps wanting to install itself. If I can catch it during the initial install phase (before it wants me to help it find the missing component) I can cancel it and it will stop.

Has anyone experienced this bizarre behavior? Can anything be done to stop it short of uninstalling Volo View?

Thanks a lot,

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dubea

This is a common fault in Windows 2000, is this what you are using??? The installer has a bug, it is very annoying, there are some fixes out there, will post again when I find them.

Reply to
Phil Evans

Here is one link

Reply to
Phil Evans

Reply to
kellnerp

If all you need to do is to view & print AutoCAD drawings I would uninstall Volo View & use eDrawing to view/print DWG & DXF files.

Matt B.

Reply to
Matthew A. Bush

I got it to stop by reinstalling VoloView. I didn't know about the installer bug. Nice.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dubea