Uninstalling sw2008 Beta

I am trying to uninstall sw2008 Beta but I was presented with the warning about transferring my license prior to uninstalling the software so I canceled the uninstall process. Can anyone tell me if when installing a beta version does solidwork record that installation as one of the users two installs? I do not seem to recall activing the beta installation but at this point I cannot remember.

Should I follow the instructions for transfering the license prior to uninstalling even though it is a beta install?

Thanks,

Sam

Reply to
Sam

Yes, you should return/uninstall/de-activate your license before uninstalling SW2008 Beta. Yes, SW counts it as an install against your number of installs you have available for that serial number.

Go to Help > Transfer License. It is pretty easy and takes only a minute or two over the internet.

Cheers,

Anna Wood

Reply to
Anna Wood

No... I got the same message, and if I recall it right, it also said that if You're about to install a new version after this on the same computer ..... A lot of people here has a number of versions on the same computer

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

No... I got the same message, and if I recall it right, it also said that if You're about to install a new version after this on the same computer, You just proceed and SW will automatically transfer the license to next installation.

Reply to
Krister_L

I should have included that I had already installed 2008 prior to attempting to uninstall Beta 2008, in hindsight that is probably bad practice. I guess I should have uninstalled the beta version, cleaned up the registry then installed sw2008sp0.0. In that case I would probably follow Annas' suggesion of trasferring the license even though it does not appear to be a requirement.

Thanks for the replys

Sam

Reply to
Sam