2008 Install

I am installing sw2008 today but I was never allowed the chance to change the install location, did I miss a step somewhere? If I have two versions of solidworks installed I like to put the version in the folder name, for example SolidWorks2008 and SolidWorks2007.

Thanks,

Sam

Reply to
Sam

You missed something somewhere. There should have been a step for you to choose the install location unless you picked an upgrade installation rather than a new one. If you picked a new one, it won't allow you to install to a directory that has SW already in it (or at least it used to).

Yes, but it's not as obvious as it used to be. It's a one-liner above the little area that tells you how much space it will need and how much you have. It's pretty easy to miss if you don't know where to watch. You can't type in there like the old ones, you have to hit the button to get into the edit mode. I also install to SolidWorks2008, etc.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Apparently I did the same thing. When I went to install it said there was newer files; asked about downloading. I said yes down load; took 2 hours; then it started an install. I never saw an option to tell it where to install.

Both versions SW2007 SP.04 and SW2008 SP.01 are now on my machine and both appear to work okay.

My question is this. If I go ahead and activate the SW2008 Authorization will it still allow me to run the SW2007? They are both the same S/N. I've emailed my seller, but yet to get a response.

Joseph

Reply to
Joseph

You can still activate and run both. You will get warned that you have already activated this s/n, but so what - it's the same machine, same license, same s/n - just another version on the same machine.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

already activated this

another version on the

That's what I thought. I'd like to keep a copy of the program loaded on my notebook for a backup system or for when I'm out of pocket. Doing this would not allow me to do so.

I'm allowed to load it on a work machine and a home machine (backup). I don't want to mess this up.

Thanks,

Joseph

Reply to
Joseph