Edrawings 2005 and 2006 side by side?

Is it possible to install Edrawings pro 2005 and 2006 side by side?

A client of mine has installed the 2006 viewer, after I sent them some Edrawings for the first time. He has marked up the edrawing and sent it back to me. The edrawing is now a "future version"

If I install Edrawings 2006 will it hose my edrawings 2005 version? Will it toast my SolidWorks 2005 addins?

Regards

John Layne

Reply to
John Layne

Hi John, I can't give you a definite answer but I have 03,04,05 eDrawings (not pro) on my pc for SW03,04,05 and it is ok. There will probably find another entry in your SW addins for 06 after you install. I have the 3. You just need to make sure to check the 05 version only when you make edwgs from SW05.Here is a quote from the release notes.HTH. neil Installing Multiple versions of eDrawings.

a.. For SolidWorks : The eDrawings version corresponding to the SolidWorks version should be installed to use the Publish or Animate functionality in SolidWorks. For example, eDrawings 2005 should be installed for integrating with SolidWorks 2005. Other versions of eDrawings installed on the same machine are not integrated with SolidWorks. However, you can continue to use those versions as standalone installations and the Save As

*.eprt/*.easm/*.edrw functionality in SolidWorks is still available.
Reply to
neil

Thanks Neil I let you know if it doesn't work :)

Reply to
John Layne

John,

It may be OK to have both versions. 2005 and 2006 default install directories are different. IE C:\Program Files\Common Files\eDrawings2005 versus C:\Program Files\Common Files\eDrawings2006 The issues maybe araise if they have shared dll's.

Good luck,

Tony

"John Layne"

Reply to
Tony

I sometimes have three or four versions going. I think you will have to be careful which version your SW uses. I never had trouble with, say

2005 eDrawings and 2004 models.
Reply to
TOP