Installing SolidWorks 2005 on a Machine with SolidWorks 2006 already installed.

I've just picked up a new contract and the company is still on SolidWorks 2005.
My new PC only has 2006 installed, are there any issues I should be aware of
before installing 2005? Can I use PDMWorks 2006 on both installations?
John Layne www.solidengineering.co.nz
John Layne wrote:

It's possible that 2005 will install older versions of DLLs in your Windows folder, but since SolidWorks now uses the Windows Installer it's likely that the installation will stop and ask you whether you really want to overwrite a newer version file with an older file. Other than that I expect you might want to reinstall 2006 with the Repair option just to make sure no older files have been written over newer files, and then reinstall your service packs. You may also wish to examine the paths listed in your File Locations to make sure nothing has changed (make note of the paths for 2006 before you install 2005). Actually, I think you'll be pretty safe. I'm pretty cautious about such stuff and I personally would take the plunge without worrying too much.
'Sporky'

Thanks Sporky
In the past I've only ever installed a newer version along side an older one, so I am a bit cautious too.
I'll be sure to make a backup and a restore point before I attempt it.
John Layne www.solidengineering.co.nz
Just installed 2005 along side 2006 crashes everytime on trying to start it- aarrrrrrrrrrhghgh
This is a real pain I'm supposed to go to a new client tomorrow that uses 2005.
John Layne www.solidengineering.co.nz
message

Ok finally figured it out, I had the Maxwell plug-in active in SolidWorks 2006. After I disabled the Maxwell addin in 2006 SolidWorks 2005 started normally!!!!!!!!!!
John Layne www.solidengineering.co.nz
One of the first things I do in troubleshooting is turn off add-ins, then if the problem goes away, turn them on one at a time to see which one is causing the issue.
WT
message