Service Pack 3.1 is available.

SP 3.1 is available, although it's a mystery as to what they have fixed. I realy would like to know if I need to download 300Mb's or not. Some info
would be nice, please -- Mr SolidWorks.
John Layne www.solidengineering.co.nz
message

Make that 550Mb's
On Apr 2, 8:56 pm, "John Layne"

That size bodes well for lots of fixes and indeed if true, I welcome the arrival from our digital overlords.
I look forward to the reports back from the wild west by the crews of the Conestoga wagons headed for the new Oregon Territory.
Bo

I thought you might be a /.er

bob z. can't live without his daily or even thrice daily does of /.
FIRST POST :~)>
bob z.
On Apr 2, 11:56 pm, "John Layne"

bob z. is downloading the service pack right now and it is only 130MB. Could this have something to do with bob z. not using the installation manager? Or is it because of the current service pack (bob z. is on 2.1). Weird stuff!
bob z.

This 550 was all the bit required for Pro 200Mb for PDMWorks alone.
John L is pissed off.

Is John L. on dail-up?

No John L. is on ADSL 5.8Mbps doesn't take that long to download but why should I have to. If I was on Dial up it would be quicker to fly to the States and get a DVD.
John L. is going to bed -- will read a bit of Bill Bryson first, even if it is midnight here, I could use a bit of humour.
message wrote:

I used the magic installation manager which told me it was going to also upgrade the DWGeditor and the Help file as they were on SP2.2 when I know without any doubt WHAT SO EVER that they were on 3.0. When it actually came to install the DWGeditor the install manager came up with Remove, Repair or Modify (not what I'd expect on an update) so I hit repair. Guess what after running the DWGeditor and clicking about it informs me it's on SP3.0 WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It gets worse:-
The install manager also informed me that PDMWorks server and SolidWorks Explorer were on SP3.0 and needed to be upgraded to 3.1of course I hit install. The install window told me it was about to install SP3.0 not 3.1 WTF! at this time I aborted the install went online and manually downloaded the SP which also, online says it's 3.1. After manually downloading and on attempting to install PDMWorks Server it informs me that it's installing SP3.0 --- I think WTF! and hit the Repair option ditto same for SolidWorks Explorer. On running both PDMWorks admin and SolidWorks Explorer both inform me they are in fact still SP3.0 WTF!!!!!
So looks like someone has F---- UP, and I being stupid have wasted both bandwidth and time.
Tired, now, off to bed midnight here in NZ, thanks, SolidWorks, for the nightmare I'm sure to have.
John Layne www.solidengineering.co.nz
PS no matter how crappy your day is running SolidWorks, it still beats working with AutoCad.
On Apr 3, 5:04 am, "John Layne"

John, sorry you had to go through this, but thanks for telling us that there is something funny going on with this SP in some way.

wild west by the crews of the Conestoga wagons headed for the new Oregon Territory.".
Since N.Z. is West of me in California, I am always happy to receive word from SolidWorks Explorers in the Wild West. You indeed saved me some time.
Thanks - Bo