Removing Model Creation Date

I need to remove the model creation date from a number of parts - these are parts that I raised mainly as items for my SWX part library whilst running my consultancy but now am going to be using them and I forsee a problem with history when I commence a new venture with a rival company.

I really do not want to remodel a large number of parts so deleting/ modifying the model creation date would be far more preferable.

Is there any way that this can be achieved?

Any help as always gratefully received. - Thank you.

Reply to
david.mirylees

There is no way that I know of to change this date (in SW or by API).

Why would it be a problem?

Reply to
That70sTick

You need a crack that will allow you to edit that information. Solidworks protects that data as read-only, and Windows creation date info is different. This kinda info is available for popular games or other software, but for SolidWorks, your need is very rare.

If it is a legal issue, don't do the job, or start from scratch.

You can use a combination of a manual hex-editor and a memory crack to find the location and ID where the informtion is commonly stored in the SolidWorks files, then edit manually for each file. If you are a programmer, you can make a routine that does this as a batch for you once you find where/how the information is stored.

EcoSqueeze to get rid of the unnecessary meta-information to simplify the task ArtMoney can snoop memory for specific values, and there's like a million free hex-editors out there.

Good luck,

Matt

fcsuper

The issue at hand is not changing it, but as Matt said, a legal issue.

Posting here on a public group can represent another issue for evidence if someone were to challenge when a design was done.

Redesigning may well represent the best way to go in any event as an updated design may incorporate more simplifications, usability and added features which give the end user a truly state of the art product.

Reply to
Bo

This will be quite a trick, since every FEATURE in each model has its creation time and author captured (RMB click a feature, click feature properties, and see who made it and when)... this bit goes way beyond the model creation date I imagine there has to be a way to hack each SWx file, but I bet it will be tough, especially if they are not done in the same version. I was playing with the files half-heartedly looking for a reverse- version hack, and noticed that the coding substantially changed between versions. if there is an ethical/legal issue involved, you are probably best served with remodeling. If the parts are simple, try exporting and use feature works (which I have not tried and doubt delivers a good model, but what the heck)

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

Thanks guys - remodelling it must be then :-(

Cheers

Reply to
david.mirylees