SP3.0 for 2007 is available

SP3.0 is available.

Tried to install via the "SolidWorks Installation Manager", which also upgraded itself. The Install Manager sat there for 10 minutes doing nothing so I cancelled it and it decided to crash instead. Gave up it a second try, same result, now downloading the old way.

Note there is a survey on the download page "To help us better understand why you download service packs" WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Layne

John Layne

"John Layne"

Reply to
John Layne

I had to manually download as well. Got an error message that the file had been recently replaced when trying the auto update. BUT .........

They did it again. I just did an update to SW to SP 3.0 and it installed SW SEARCH AGAIN. THIS IS GETTING TO BE A REAL PAIN IN THE ASS. The dumb thing is I just reformatted and installed 2007 and installed SP3.0 EV and it didnt install then. But I do the update from 3.0 EV and it now is installed. QUIT FORCING THIS CRAP ON US. I DONT WANT IT BACK. MAKE IT AN ADDIN OR ALLOW IT TO BE UNINSTALLED.

Installation manager worked fine for me, except for installing Windows Desktop Search again, and plastering icons and folders all over the Desktop and Start menu again.

I know that doesn't help, but at least you know that it CAN work. So, something must be interfering. Anti-virus perhaps?

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Anyone running a stand alone license have any problems with the switch to their activation license system? I'm a bit leary about activation licenses due to dealing with Adobe and MS.

Reply to
Raptor

"Raptor" wrote in news:1173363438.351860.181400 @s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

All that noise worked too. I'm running a stand alone license, so that probably simplifies things a lot in comparison to network installs.

I see in the release notes that mouse wheel zoom direction can now be toggled. That should be a help to those in a multi-CAD environment. I hope it works in both drawings as well as models. I haven't had a chance to check yet.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

"The web server did not return the requested ending position (2304640 !=

921856) of file
Try again later. {10318}"

Does anybody know what to do about that?

"John Layne"

Reply to
YouGoFirst

The activation went ok. Only had one small hitch as it wouldnt activate our seat of Featureworks because they had it registered to a different seat of SW. It's nice that they let you legally activate one seat for the office and another seat for home use unlike those others.

Any way to get the installation manager to work?

YouGoFirst

I had already been running 3.0 ev, and this morning installed 3.0. No problems seen so far. I don't use the manager since I save all the updates to a network location and then update each machine as desired. All seats are stand-alone.

WT

"John Layne"

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

doing a manual install, it installed fine for me, no problems. because of the screwed ups in the past, I don't trust the flaky installation manager. and yeah, the flaky installation manager, it constantly has to update and sometimes will not install properly, cute, really cute.

bottom line though, SW2007 sp3.0 is still dog slow in comparison to past releases,... a classic carrot wagging, two steps back, add more $$ approach to squeezing some f$@king $$ out of this software!?

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

I've not yet loaded SWks 2007 SP 2.2 off the DVD I got. Waiting for a new hard drive.

Paul, what is the rough difference in speed that you see from 2006 to

2007? I understand it will be more of an average number you toss out.

Thanks - Bo

Reply to
Bo

No antivirus was switched off (NOD32)

John Layne

John Layne

Is this release Vista compatible ?

"John Layne"

Reply to
Wonderman

I don't think anyone is going to be able to rely on VISTA until there is at least VISTA SP1 issued, regardless of what SolidWorks says, unless you just like to experiment.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

"Wonderman" wrote in news:1Y1Ih.6221$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe13.phx:

Yes and no. Have a look at the release notes.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

We have a copy of Vista running Solidworks here. Its for pure experimentation of the 64 bit platform of Vista with SW and not for productivity. So far it runs okay until you get assemblies of any real size to them and then SW crashes. In this case I think if anything, SW needs to become better suited to Vista. Even when there is an SP1 for Vista, I doubt it would help cure the problems we're running into currently. For the time being, Vista will just be the novelty and XP will remain for usage.

Reply to
Raptor

Mine went smoothly. I don't like spending $1300 of my hard earned money to be treated like a pirate. Activation only keeps honest people honest. What happens when you let your subscription lapse? Will they still activate your license if you get a new computer.

I'm just leery about it.

Reply to
cdubea

What's up with the friggen desktop search being installed? I don't want that installed. Hey Concord, ask next time!!!!!!!

Reply to
cdubea