Anybody feel like answering a solidworks question?

We are running ver 7 sp1.1 .

Here's the problem, in options, under the document properties, under "image quality" there's a slider bar called wireframe and high quality HLR/HLV resolution. The problem is I set it to Hiigh(slower) and all is fine. The image is smoothe, etc...However... if I bring in another drawing, or restart solidworks its defaulted back to almost all the way to the low side. I guess my question is how can I make it default to High. Even if I save a drawing with it set to high it still goes back to low when i reload the drawing. I even tried changing it to high and saving the sheet format. Again, when I call up that format its set to low??? No errors whatsoever. We are running win xp sp2, full admin rights on the login. The solidworks is installed locally, but the sheet formats and saved files reside on a network. Full admin rights to the network.

Anybody know why I can't make "High" the default?

Reply to
friggenbozo

Have you tried saving the drawing as a new drawing template then opening a new drawing with that new template? If that does not work I would upgrade your SP.

Reply to
Jeff

I've been having the same problems, so I'm also looking for a solution. The problem is in parts/assemblies, not so much with drawings. I keep meaning to resave my templates, to see if that helps, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Reply to
esobota

First, upgrade to at least 2.2. There are issues with 2.1 and before with file size.

Second, you need to make the change in your templates. Any new documents created from those templates will carry the settings and properties you set.

Matt

fcsuper

Your problem may be due to a bug in SW. I came across it in SW2006, and it looks like it is still active in SW2007. The bug is that if you open an assembly and go to "Document Properties" then "Image Quality" and select the "Apply to all referenced part documents" check box, it will not only save this setting with the current assembly file, but whenever you open any other assembly files it will have that option selected also. When you select it in one assembly, it applies it globally to all assemblies like a "Sytem Option" would eve though it is under "Document Properties". Thus, if you later open an assembly which has a low image qualigy setting, then it will automatically make all of your parts that it references as low quality also. The simple solution to this is to open an assembly and un-check this option so that it an all other assemblies will just reference the part file settings. FYI, you can use this option to get all of your parts to the same quality level, save the parts, and then remember to uncheck this option. Hope this helps!

Jason

Reply to
JStats

Yep, we tried that..thanks.

Reply to
friggenbozo

thanks.

Reply to
friggenbozo

Thanks for the tip, Jason. I think changing that assembly setting fixed my problem.

Reply to
esobota