Spaceball 4000 Repeatable CTD

I just updated to 2004 SP1 and have a repeatable CTD with spaceball movement. I have the latest drivers for spaceware and the SW plugin.

Try -

Open any part Set part Display to - Hidden Line Visible Make sure "Draft Quality HLR/HLV" is OFF Try to rotate with Spaceball.

Can anyone else repeat?

SolidWorks 2004 SP1 Windows XP SP1 Quadro 550 XGL Dell 2.53-P4

Reply to
Scott P

REPEATABLE!

I'm using a Magellan Classic. Latest 3DConnexion driver & plug-in.

SolidWorks 2004 SP1 Windows XP SP1 Quadro 2 Pro Dell 2.0-P4

Reply to
Steve Rauenbuehler

Steve,

I'm using a Magellan classic as well. I was able to rotate a model in "every" display mode or combination. No CTD.

I am using an older driver though "3DxWare Version 1.2.0, build 3". It works with all of my SW installs 2001+, 2003, and 2004.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

Are you running SP1 on your 2004 install?

Reply to
Scott P

Scott,

Yep.......................

Mark

Reply to
MM

I can verify this behavior.

W2K, SW2004 sp1, SW2003 sp5 parallel, spaceball 4000

it also happens on older spaceball driver versions....

i guess we will have to wait for 3dconnexion to fix it

Reply to
elmar

Mark,

It is crashing in wireframe mode with the lightning bolt turned off. If you have the lightning bolt turned on, SW then uses open-gl for the wireframe display and everything is OK.

Roland

Reply to
Roland Hart

Roland,

Mine isn't.......

Maybe it's an OS thing. Im using Win2k SP3

Regards

Mark

Reply to
Mark M

Mark,

I just happened to have the 3DxWare Version 1.2.0, build 3". and installed it and I'm still having the same problem.

Which Solidworks plug-in version are you using?

Roland

Reply to
Roland Hart