SW2008 and Spaceball 4000

We just upgraded to SW2008 and one of our workstations has a Spaceball 4000 which doesn't want to work in sw2008. We downloaded the latest drivers but that didn't work. Anybody have a similiar problem or ideas on how to get it to work?

George

Reply to
Pats Fan

Check the last post in this thread for the solution to get your serial spaceball working in SW2008.

Cheers,

Anna

Reply to
Anna Wood

Thank you Anna 8^)

George

Reply to
Pats Fan

I know this is old, but just to follow up with an FYI....

For those of us who like their even older spaceballs like mine ( I use a

3003C) that is also a serial, the suggested workaround does work, except keep the older windows driver if your currently using it (mine is version 3.6.4) and download the driver spaceball 5000, USB device, version 3.5.6. Choose the custom install and ONLY load the Solidworks driver and it'll work....yay - I saved my favorite spaceball through yet another version of Solidworks...

IYM

Cheers,

Anna

Reply to