Performance diff. between spaceball 4 and 5000?

Hi All,
Just received a promotion from 3Dconnexion Europe for a 2for1 offer - buy a
spaceball 5000 (or spacemouse) and get a spacetraveller *free*. I currently
have the spaceball 4000, but am thinking about this offer as I have a second
license of SW and would be happy to have one on both machines. I am just
curious if anyone has used both the spaceball 4000 and 5000, and can comment
on any performance difference. I understand the 5000 has a higher sample
rate, and I am supposing that may lead to a smother rotation effect
onscreen. True? Also, anyone try the spacetraveller and find it useful? Or
are they just trying to unload a lot of product no one wants / likes? :-)
Thanks for any thoughts about this!
Cheers,
Daniel
Reply to
daniel
I have used all three 4000, 5000 Traveller. The response from the Traveller and 5000 is quicker than the 4000. The 5000 and the traveller use the same technology. I prefer the 4000 because it is smoother but the increase in performance with the others is nice as well. The problem with the 5000 and traveller is that they tend to be a bit more axial in that it is more difficult to rotate through multiple axis at the same time smoothly. They have made adjustments in the drivers to smooth this out a bit.
daniel wrote:
Reply to
cbliss
Thanks for the feedback!
So, does that mean that if you had the chance to get 2 for 1, you would consider it worthwhile? Over here this costs in the neighborhood of 700 USD for the spaceball spacetraveller combo.
Daniel
cbliss wrote on 04.03.2004 15:44 Uhr
Reply to
daniel
Sounds like eBay would be a better deal.
daniel wrote:
Reply to
cbliss
cbliss wrote on 06.03.2004 5:29 Uhr
WOW! that is depressing! Under 400 USD on ebay in the US. However, only shipped in the USA, and not available on any ebay in Europe. Bummer. I am in no rush to give my money away...
Thanks!
Reply to
daniel