Performance diff. between spaceball 4 and 5000?

Hi All,

Just received a promotion from 3Dconnexion Europe for a 2for1 offer - buy a spaceball 5000 (or spacemouse) and get a spacetraveller *free*. I currently have the spaceball 4000, but am thinking about this offer as I have a second license of SW and would be happy to have one on both machines. I am just curious if anyone has used both the spaceball 4000 and 5000, and can comment on any performance difference. I understand the 5000 has a higher sample rate, and I am supposing that may lead to a smother rotation effect onscreen. True? Also, anyone try the spacetraveller and find it useful? Or are they just trying to unload a lot of product no one wants / likes? :-)

Thanks for any thoughts about this!

Cheers, Daniel

Reply to
daniel

cbliss

Thanks for the feedback!

So, does that mean that if you had the chance to get 2 for 1, you would consider it worthwhile? Over here this costs in the neighborhood of 700 USD for the spaceball spacetraveller combo.

Daniel

cbliss wrote on 04.03.2004 15:44 Uhr

Reply to
daniel

Reply to
cbliss

cbliss wrote on 06.03.2004 5:29 Uhr

WOW! that is depressing! Under 400 USD on ebay in the US. However, only shipped in the USA, and not available on any ebay in Europe. Bummer. I am in no rush to give my money away...

Thanks!

Reply to
daniel