Real View

Dear All,
We have recently upgraded SW 2004 on our workstations which are equipped
with Quadro 4 980XGL and I was
looking forward to be able to use real view instead of rendering. For some
strange reason real view icon
is greyed out and I wasn't able to figure out what's wrong. I have
downloaded the latest driver (45.23) and
I am running OpenGL in SolidWorks compatibility mode but to no avail.
Has anybody got the same problem? Has anybody got the answer?
Thanks in anticipation
Andre Gawlik
Reply to
Andre Gawlik
You can choose not to install RealView if you do a custom install. Was it installed?
Reply to
Dale Dunn
...I am afraid so, it is installed. I don't think you are able to even see the icon if it is not installed.
When I checked compatibility list it shows that real view should work with Quadro4 980 XGL... I am totally puzzled.
Andre
Reply to
Andre Gawlik
...I am afraid so, it is installed. I don't think you are able to even see the icon if it is not installed.
When I checked compatibility list it shows that real view should work with Quadro4 980 XGL... I am totally puzzled.
Andre
Reply to
Andre Gawlik
Well, that was my only guess.
Reply to
Dale Dunn
You have to have the correct Driver to also make the icon become available. See the SW website on graphics cards for the driver to use.
Regards, Scott
Reply to
Scott
If it's installed you will have 2 folders under C:\Program Files\Solidworks
1) Shaders 2) Shaders_soft
Regards, Scott
Reply to
Scott
Realview does work on my 980XGL. I don't recall any installation issues... Sorry Bill
Reply to
bill allemann
Did you go to the feature tree and right click the "Material" icon, just under the annotations Icon?...you then have to select a type of Material, then it will show up as a representitive..;)
Hope his helps..:)
Reply to
CDignition
... I tried that too... I cannot access Real View radio button - it is greyed out...
Reply to
Andre Gawlik
I don't mean to be a killjoy, but is RealView important enough to spend time trying to get it to work?
Perversely, it has always worked on my Quadro4 750 XGL (currently 43.51). While it looks really neat, and the bumps look real, it doesn't add anything to my workflow. In fact, I have so many parts of the same material it actually hinders my work. All those parts look the same and just run together visually.
Perhaps you need it for presentation? If not, I would suggest that you not worry about it too much. Other than the not insubsstantial wow factor.
Reply to
Dale Dunn
What, IMO, should really happen is that the materials appleied from PW2 should apply ro real view. I dont see why this wasnt linked. or at least give me the option. It seems redundant to have to do a "real view" material and then go do a PW2 material.
Reply to
Arthur Y-S