Printing a drawing

Printing a drawing direct from Solidworks gives maximum resolution.

But when I export the drawing to Powerpoint the resolution quality reduces because I have saved the drawing in JPeg format.

Instead of saving the drawing in 'pixels' can I save it in 'spline' format?

So when I increase or reduce the drawing size- the quality will be the same.

Reply to
voodoochile

voodoochile--

Save as PDF, and then open in acrobat, and using the graphic select tool, copy the region of the drawing you want to the clipboard.

Paste this into your powerpoint slide. (Or if need be paste this into your favorite imaging program, I recommend irfanview) and then save the image to your hard drive, and then put this image into your PP presentation.

Hope this helps.

Another option is to save as TIF then convert this tif to jpg or png in an imaging program to lose file size with little perceived loss in detail.

Good luck!

--Matt Schroeder

Reply to
solidworksproductdesign

I haven't worked with Powerpoint much so I'm not sure this is going to help, but----

Bluebeam Pushbutton Plus can output the following formats.

WMF These first two are scalable and could possibly solve your problem. EMF JPEG TIFF PNG GIF POSTSCRIPT BMP PSD PCL-XL

You can send me a sample drawing and I'll convert them to the format of your choice so you can test.

John Layne

John Layne

I have had good luck using a free postscript print driver to create EPS file that imports into Word and Powerpoint 2003.

Free Adobe postscript driver found at the l> Printing a drawing direct from Solidworks gives maximum resolution. >

Reply to
Bill

I have had good luck using a free postscript print driver to create EPS file that imports into Word and Powerpoint 2003.

Free Adobe postscript driver found at the l> Printing a drawing direct from Solidworks gives maximum resolution. >

Reply to
Bill

Print to PDF Use Ghostscript to convert to PNG PNG = nice format for MS Office stuff -- supports vectors like PDF

Reply to
That70sTick