Solidworks 2006 Batch Print

Does anyone know of a Batch Print program for SW2006? We usually have 75 - 100 prints at the end of each project that we need to printed for our production group and printing them one at a time takes forever.

Thanks For your Help TArcher snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
engmgr52

Not the solution you are looking for, but is faster than what you currently do. From a windows explorer window, clt-select the drawing files you need printed, right-click and select print. You won-t be able to do 100 at once, but I've done 20ish at a time without a problem. Not sure why there is a limitation, but if you do too many at once, the last ones selected do not print ( may be a printer memory issue ).

Reply to
Brian

We use PAC4SWX. It has worked good for us.

Thanks, Bill

engmgr52 wrote:

Reply to
Bill

We use PAC4SWX as well. Not only a great batch print program but works great for exporting individual TIFFs, DWGs and other functions. Well worth the little extra it does cost. And he keeps the program up to date as well.

j wrote in news:1155641637 snipped-for-privacy@sp6iad.superfeed.net:

If you can't spring for that, there is a free batch print tool in the downloads section of the API area of the subscription site. I haven't been in there since they redesigned the site, but it should be in there somewhere.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I have always used the SolidWorks Task Scheduler that is part of the SWX Office Professional package for batch printing. Other than possibly not having the SWX OP product level, what are the downfalls with the scheduler, and/or what is better about PAC4SWX?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Nay

Anyone who has SolidWorks Office Professional or better has the SolidWorks Task Scheduler. You access it from Start > Programs >

SolidWorks > Task Scheduler. It will allow you to run your Batch Prints, plus many other batch tools (Create Drawing, create eDrawings, Update Files, etc.). Very useful tool.

You just have to make sure the executable is running before you schedule something. It gets installed in the startup group, but I've always removed mine. If you look at your Task Manager you might see swBOEngine.exe, if not you'll have to manually start it. Look in the Program Files/SolidWorks/swScheduler folder for it.

Steve O

Dale Dunn wrote:

Reply to
SteveO

Try swbatchprint. It works pretty well.

Diego

swbatchprint is great if you only have one printer and the drawing sheets are all the same sheet size or oritation.

But is there a batch program to print to various printers with different settings?

I.e: Send A4 drawing documents to the A4 printer. Send A3 drawing documents to the A3 printer. Send A1 drawing documents to the A1 printer.

Reply to
pete

THe batch printer in the API downloads can be configured with a printer for each sheet size, I believe.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I would like to thank everyone who replied to my 'cry for help'.

We will look at all of the options given here and select the best solution for us.

Again, Thank You TArcher

Reply to
engmgr52