dezignworks

Anybody ever use this program? ... or know how it compares to HighRes or Revworks for reverse engineering?

Thanks.

Reply to
tim

So after going through the dezignworks site I am dumbfounded as to what it does exactly...Poorly made, uninformative site! One of those has all the catch phrases but tells you nothing sites, kinda like a meeting with a salesman or the owner of pretty much any company...Bla Bla Bla no substance information.

Anyhow what is the input for this program and exactly what does it do that solidworks does not already?

Ben

Reply to
Ben Eadie

I can say that I never used the program but it is a reverse engineering program very similar to RevWorks. I worked with both the RevWorks guys and Jim Watson from DezignWorks in the past. The guy which I won't name names from RevWorks is a typical sales guy. The kind that gives other sales guys a bad name. Jim Watson is a good guy. But RevWorks is a better product (it was the last time I saw them both in action) with more customers. RevWorks I have used before and it's very easy to use. I never used DezignWorks.

KM

Reply to
kmaren24

when was the last time you saw them in action? I've used revworks in the past and although it worked OK, I was not really impressed because of the slow response to get arm data started and I never seemed to be able to get the datums to repeat from session to session reliably - the part would be flipped in space half the time. That was a long time ago and I'm sure it's better now.

Our VAR only carries DW now and has dropped RW... they tell me it is a better solution.

Thanks

Reply to
tim

RevWorks I have seen very recently, less than a year. As for DezignWorks I haven't seen in sometime. The VAR's by us don't carry it. If you do see them battle it out face to face with your parts and DezignWorks is even with RevWorks go with DezignWorks. You'll be working with a better company.

KM

Reply to
kmaren24

Also your VAR tells you that DW is better than RW because they have a vested solution. Both companies are very small and don't have the resources to go traveling all over the US to show their product. Some VAR's don't carry either and just forward on any info to RW or DW direct and take a "finders fee". Call Jim Watson at DW yourself and Ron Weavil at RW and talk to them both and get your take on which you feel better for from the horses mouths.

KM

Reply to
kmaren24