Can you install & run SW 2007 & SW 2009 on the same PC?

Can you install & run SW 2007 & SW 2009 on the same PC?

Reply to
david

Yes.

When installing, I specify an install folder awith the name of the SW version. i.e. C:\Program Files\SolidWorks 2007

This way, each new version is installed in its own folder and the old version is left intact. I've had as many as five versions on one machine.

Reply to
That70sTick

Keep in mind that newer versions of SW will count each install on your system as a separate use of the license. I've run into this issue myself already.

Matt Lorono

fcsuper

It shouldn't.. I have 2008 and 2009 on my work computer, and have the HUL in use at home, and I haven't run into any licensing problems..

Reply to
tnik

I'm running SW07 & SW08 on the same machine and planning to install SW09 soon and then I will have all 3 version on the same machine. The best way is to create separate folders for each version.

Deepak Gupta SW2007 SP5.0 SW2008 SP4.0

> > Keep in mind that newer versions of SW will count each install on your

Reply to
Engineer

Given that my mobo has 8 cores and XPx64 seems to assign each application to a different core, if I install SW2009 in a seperate folder, can I then let 2008 spend hours on a motion study calculation and employ 2009 to work on a different model?

Reply to
johnsuth