Can someone suggest a way to load SW 2007 without it automatically taking over? I want to keep all file associations with SW 2006.

Thanks

John Kimmel

Reply to
guynoir

No chance, not unless you save your registry keys in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.SLDPRT (etc.) then import them again after loading SW07 but this is well dodgy.

Reply to
asow34

Rather than try to do a custom install, which may screw stuff up, I'd modify it post installation. Right click on a file that you'd rather were associated with 2006, select open with, select "choose program", browse to your sw 2006 executable, hit the checkbox to always use the program, and you are good-to-go. When installing 2007 you will have to specify directories other than those currently in use by 2006, or it'll overwrite toolbox data ect.

Reply to
Brian

Put on a 2nd Hard Drive and Ghost over the OS, then install 2007 to try it.

Bo

guynoir wrote:

Reply to
Bo

Sorry, I should have also noted I would load over the solids files I wanted to try out onto that same new hard drive.

Bo

Bo wrote:

Reply to
Bo