AutoCAD viewer that can search for text?

I have an acquaintance who needs to view AutoCAD drawings, but not edit them. He downloaded the free AutoCAD viewer (not Volo) and it
works great.
However, he needs to look for text in some drawings, and he's having a hard time finding it in some of the crowded drawings. With AutoCAD itself it's easy, just Edit / Find / text string.
Is there any free or low cost viewer that can search for text? Or would it be best to download and learn to use IntelliCAD or some other AutoCAD clone?
Thanks
--
Steve M - snipped-for-privacy@houston.rrdirt.com (remove dirt for reply)

"I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to
On Mon, 17 May 2004 22:51:42 GMT, "Steven M (remove cola to reply)"

BentleyView has findtext and is free. It will view Autocad and microstation files, though it has no editing capabilities. See www.bentley.com (look under products)
-Tim
On 18 May 2004 15:46:11 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@wcoil.com (Tim Arheit) wrote:

Thanks. Forwarded to the needy party.
--
Steve M - snipped-for-privacy@houston.rrdirt.com (remove dirt for reply)

"I don't need to do a better job. I need