Can This be Done (working with HyperLinks)???

Acad 2005
Without getting into too much useless detail...
I've a Client who has many Tech's and who has lots of communications sites in
my city. What I'm going to do for him is to layout his sites on a map (JPG) of the area. His Tech's can then drill down (zoom in) to a site to view specific site information.
Now... what I want to do for him is to create HyperLinks to both Web Sites and Excel Spreadsheets to give the applicable info to the Techs.
That part is easy and a no-brainer.
However, the issue is that his Tech's do NOT use AutoCAD (too many Tech's... too much cost for licences). What they are currently using is both Volo Viewer and Visio (what drawings they are currently viewing do not have hyperlinks).
And of course any HyperLink I create in AutoCAD doesn't seem to work at all in Visio (I would have been shocked if Volo viewer worked).
So alas... IS there any way that I can get AutoCAD HyperLinks to work with either Volo Viewer or Visio? Or is there some other brilliant way of achieving this sort of need?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
BruceF
Mr. B
Try printing to a DWF . I have experimented with it and hyper links seam to work. Autodesk site has a free DWF viewer.
2005<BR><BR>Without getting into too much useless detail...<BR><BR>I've a Client who has many Tech's and who has lots of communications sites in<BR>my city.&nbsp; What I'm going to do for him is to layout his sites on a map (JPG)<BR>of the area.&nbsp; His Tech's can then drill down (zoom in) to a site to view<BR>specific site information.<BR><BR>Now... what I want to do for him is to create HyperLinks to both Web Sites and<BR>Excel Spreadsheets to give the applicable info to the Techs.<BR><BR>That part is easy and a no-brainer.<BR><BR>However, the issue is that his Tech's do NOT use AutoCAD (too many Tech's...<BR>too much cost for licences).&nbsp; What they are currently using is both Volo<BR>Viewer and Visio (what drawings they are currently viewing do not have<BR>hyperlinks).<BR><BR>And of course any HyperLink I create in AutoCAD doesn't seem to work at all in<BR>Visio (I would have been shocked if Volo viewer worked).<BR><BR>So alas... IS there any way that I can get AutoCAD HyperLinks to work with<BR>either Volo Viewer or Visio?&nbsp; Or is there some other brilliant way of<BR>achieving this sort of need?<BR><BR>Any thoughts would be appreciated.<BR><BR>BruceF</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=

Okay... I'll try that... I guess I'll just have to 'finally' set up a DWF printer :(
Thanks!
BruceF
You can do this with dwf-files. Hyperlinks should work here for your Tech's.
HTH Juergen

Thanks... that's now 2 for 2 on results.
BruceF
AutoDesk's DWG TrueView product seems to work fine with hyperlinks. I just tested it to make sure and it worked no problems. Maybe it would fill your needs...
Byron
Mr. B wrote:

On 1 Dec 2006 08:13:52 -0800, in alt.cad.autocad you wrote:

It did indeed. That's what others have suggested.
Thanks!
BruceF
Mr. B,
I am a web developer with CAD experience in AEC-CAFM, telcom, and power distribution. While you didn't get into too much detail "I read between the lines a bit" and I'd like to discuss the workflow with you. For example, the use of an "image map" may be much more useful than a static jpg file. You may not even need TrueView or whatever the heck they call it this week. Web mapping is growing rapidly and providing lots of opportunity. You and I may be able to put together an interesting collaboration if you care to discuss it further...
<%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com / MAP http://wikimapia.org/#yC038073&x=-88043838&z &l=0&m=h