Autocad 11 and 13

I used to have Autocad 11 and 13. Now I don't have any cad program on my new
computer. I am looking for cad program that I can open my old file on my
house. I need to work on little and take it to City Hall to get an approve
that we can finish our basement on our house. Is there freeware or cheap
software that can I open dwg file to change it little? I did not want to
spend a lot of money to buy software to use little.
Reply to
Loading thread data ...
Try Progecad
Reid wrote:
Reply to
Intellicad is a cheap and compatible acad clone. You will find it almost effortless to get up to speed with it quickly if you still remember anything from way back when ; )
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
I am not certain there are any free packages that accept AutoCAD, but I the IntelliCAD vendors offer a 30 day trial that is fully functional. I do recommend the IntelliCAD products. They are equivalent to AutoCAD 14, though they can import newer versions.
To be clear about IntelliCAD, the IntelliCAD consortium does not sell the program to consumers. Rather, companies like BricsCAD and Cadopia buy the license, add their own special stuff, and sell it to consumers.
Here is one other method that might work for you if the changes are minimal. Get AutoCAD's free DWG viewer called True View (they finally caved in after all the competitors were releasing DWG viewers). The open and print the drawing to a TIFF file using the Microsoft Office Imaging printer driver, or perhaps there is a raster printer driver in the True View program.
Once you have it as a raster file, you can use another image editing program to make minor changes.
Joe Dunfee
Reply to

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.